Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Take It or Leave It

The day after yesterday. The aftermath of it all. We came to a resolution. We came to a conclusion. We need mediation. I am tired. I am so tired. Fighting is so senseless, yet most of the world is brandishing arms against one enemy or another. We are constantly at war, in the home, on our home grounds. I am not about to get pseudo-political here. It is simply a comparison. If we cannot even get along in love, how can humans be expected to get along anywhere else. 


I look to another woman to was just as mad, sad and filled with sentences as me... Sylvia Plath. I won't be sticking my head in an oven any time soon. My road has a little more light at the end of it. 


But I leave you with some prose for thought from her. She wrote so magically. I ache when I read her. She gets it. She gets it.


This is how I felt this morning;
"I couldn’t see the point of getting up. I had nothing to look forward to." 
- Sylvia Plath


This is how I feel by the end of this long day;
"Let me live, love and say it well in good sentences." 
- Sylvia Plath

No comments: