Monday, July 18, 2011

This Fork In The Road



"...Keeping our wits about us
our fists are powerless
leaving nothing behind us
it seems we're just not that important
maybe in our minds
but a healthy mind is hard to find...

everyone is leaving with cuts on their hands
and scars on their arms
and dreams on their stereos
in sleep-deprived plans
we burn bushes at this
fork in the road..."
 - Fork in the Road by aKing

Today marks one of the darkest days, most ridiculous arguments and most senseless violent upheavals.

I am not sorry for being social, I am not sorry for being chatty, I am not sorry about forgetting someone insignificant, I am not sorry for refusing to admit guilt to a lie that I do not own. I am not sorry for feeling the way I do today, I am not sorry for what I said to you.

I am sorry for how I hurt you, with my hands. 

I am sorry for you. I wish you could see that I would never be deceitful nor secretive. I am not malicious nor cunning. I am sorry for you that you choose to adopt a possessive, jealous and obsessive mentality. It is very hard to love you when you are always like this. I feel like I have to walk on eggshells around you and I have changed almost every aspect of my life to ensure that it fits in with your behaviour. 

I am sorry for myself. I am constantly the target of wrongful accusations, and am always being told that I am lying. I live an honest life. My life is constantly coloured in by you. You try to fill in all the details, but with the wrong colours. 

I am sorry for you, I am sorry for me. 

We have beaten each other up. Emotionally, mentally and physically. 

We are now at this proverbial fork in the road.

I have reached it, I really don't know which way to turn. Do I turn to more medication, as you always tell me that I am mentally unstable, or do I go darker and reach for the entire bottle.

I ask you this as I am not the only one, who down a path in life is forced to change. When one can't see the fault in themselves it is inevitably there.

I am sorry, but I am not sorry for being me.