Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Losing

I am quite proud of myself, and this is a rare statement and occurrence. I have reached, maintained and exceeded the 5kg goal with Weight Watchers. In the program they set out goals for you to achieve i.e. 5kg, 10% body weight, 10kg etc. I have reached the first marker. I have done so slowly and consistently. I am 5.2kg down! Woohoo. It may not be much in the grand scheme of my total weight loss goal but it is something. It makes my 30kg goal that much smaller. It makes it 25kg to go. I seriously don't know how I weigh less each week when on some days no food is safe! Nom, nom, nom. I do try and make the right choices, i.e. when I reach for the packet of chips I will either weigh out a portion or eat only a handful, thus my craving is satiated. 


I must say, I have become a far more focused and dedicated woman in the last few years. I never used to stick to an eating plan. It used to be like an ongoing joke. My excessive weight led to Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome when I was 16 which gave me Type II Diabetes. For the last 10 years I have been on glucose tablets to manage my insulin resistance, paired with the pill to take care of the hormonal imbalances. I am happy to report, that all cysts on my ovaries have diminished and chances of me having a child are good. I worry each and every day about becoming a full blown diabetic, as my endocrinologist warned me that 25 years old was my cut off, and if I was not free from insulin resistance by then I would become diabetic. Well, my levels are managed and my weight is coming off. I will not be trapped by food like the Half Ton Man. I always think that a gastric bypass would be such an easy way to do things, however the easy way out is not always the right way out. I guess being a little more hungry, a little more stiff in your muscles, a little more disciplined, a little more hard on yourself, a little smarter with your food choices, a little more strict when it comes to having a drink... or seven. All these littles add up.


So, I soldier on. On the bright side. With Weight Watchers I can eat anything I please, within moderation of course. Which is the beauty of the eating plan I think, there are no restrictions, thus no cravings and no feeling of want or guilt. I am in no way punting the diet, I am simply saying it works for me. Listen, i have done it all. The only things that works is moderation. I know I will never be a skinny bitch, but I have been a fat bitch for long enough, so it is time to become the healthy bitch!

"Barbie is such a bitch"

No comments: