Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Looks - Like and Love

I have a slight obsession come awards season. I am addicted to every facet of said season. From the speeches, to the tears, to the cheesy montages, to the tributes, to the thumbholding, nailbiting, anticipatory predictions, and of course the red carpet run up with the dresses. I love it. Have since I was a kid. Sitting starry eyed in front of the TV like a kid promised sweeties. I despise seeing the news in the morning, or seeing the online print rundown of who had won the night before. It is absolutely ruining the element of surprise for me, I love the nerves of not-knowing, and guessing, and being happy for the person. Lame, but fun. However, being a news junkie and logging onto a news site every morning, I kinda ruined it for myself when a big purple picture of Natalie Portman was sitting there, on my screen, Oscar in hand, hand wiping tear from face. So I thought screw it, give it to me. Give me the gory details. I felt like I was defeating a part of my soul. I had watched some of the E! Red Carpet this morning. You know, looking at the dresses. So here are a few of my favourites from last nights event. I must mention though, never before have I gasped at something I liked so much. It just so happens to be Ms Scarlett Johansson who has done it again and captured my heart. She is such a stunner. Her hair, her dress, her make up... All on point. Did I mention her hair. I think I just might imitate. Enjoy!


Scarlett Johansson - Le Wow in Dolce and Gabbana!
Camila Alves - in Kaufman Franco  
Mila Kunis - in Elie Saab
Reese Witherspoon - in Giorgio Armani

No comments: