Thursday, April 11, 2013

(God)Motherhubbard

On Sunday I met with my Claire Bear because she messaged me on Friday night saying she needed a much-needed talk. So we met at Melrose Arch. Her little baby girl (who just turned two months) was with her. Oohhhh I could eat her alive I swear. As I sat down Claire smiled at me and asked me if I would like to be Lexi's god-mother? OH WOULD I?! I nearly cried I was so honoured. Her friend Fiona, who lives in the UK, shares the honour with me, but that doesn't take the shine off of it for one bit. We sat and talked for about an hour and I fed the little Miss Muffet. Claire is essentially a single mother as she is not involved with the father of her child, however his family and her's support her. She has been incredible and she has grown up over night. I could not imagine being friends with anyone less amazing than her. The strength she displays is incomparable and I have taken great lessons from it. I am very excited for the adventures we will all go on. I am still so humbled and honoured by her request and will do everything I can to fulfill my responsibilities.

No comments: