Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bunnies and Cupcakes

In December, while I was in Cape Town, Sissy phoned me and told me that she thought it would be a cool idea if we got concept tattoos of each other. I told her I agreed as I had had the same idea a few days before. So when she landed in the Mama City we missioned around tattoo parlours but ended up not getting inked in Cape Town. So finally on Friday evening, into Friday night we got our tattoos. We went to Tattoolya (where we had gone for our family tattoos). Cayla and I trust Ronald, and love the work that he does and I think holding out and going to him in the end totally was one hundred percent worth it! I have been tattooed a few times before, but I am most recognisable by the rabbit I have on my right hand wrist. My sister incorporated this into her design, a rabbit or bunny sleeping on a cupcake. I got just a cupcake. The significance of the cupcake is that I call my sister "Cake" (Cayla), and she also has an obsession with cupcakes. SO this was a no-brainer. The tattoos came out exquisitely. I am so proud of the work Ronald did! I love them.

Sissy's

2 comments:

ginger said...

Your tattoo is awesome and very original!

Danielle said...

Thank ya my dahling!