Sunday, February 21, 2010

Avatar! Finally!

I finally went to see Avatar, two months after it's release. It was cool but it was waaay too long. It got me thinking though... haven't I seen this all before. Not the tall blue people who live in a forest in an alien world that you have to wear special glasses to see, but the storyline. Boy meets girl who lives in "new world", boy comes from world who plans to mine mineral in the "new world". Boy becomes part of girls world, they fall in love and yada yada. Pocahontas right? Right! So I did some googling. As I always do and I found that I was correcto mundo. I was not the only one who thought this. In fact someone had typed out the Disney story of Pocahontas and filled in the Avatar version above it. Very clever. Oh Mr Cameron, have you done nothing original (and don't say Terminator, because those movies were shit)? Titanic was based on true events, except for Jack and Rose of course, we all knew how the story would end yet we all flocked to the cinema to see the ship tragically sink. Don't get me wrong I loved it.

So please enjoy having a little giggle at the story below as I did. I did enjoy the movie in it's true spectacle. It was supposed to do that. I am sad that it was not original. Imagine if it had been!
Click image to enlarge

No comments: