Saturday, August 1, 2009

Have Heart and Shipwreck A.D

I am smiling. I have been smiling since Thursday night. I finally went to a live show after a very long time. Have Heart and Shipwreck A.D. were touring the country. Have Heart are playing on every continent (except Antarctica) before they break up in mid October this year. The bands were tight. The crowd was excited, the crowd was made up of 90% bands. The fans were more than amped to see their bands play. Local support in the form of Facing the Gallows (a personal favourite), Go Go Bronco and New Found Disorder were brilliant and professional despite the obvious crappy sound. Another thing that is crappy, my pictures from the night. I made a choice to shoot in black and white. It was too smokey in there and my little 5megapixel cam was not having it. I tried to capture the insanity and intensity of the circle pit, but something like that has to be experienced first hand. Shipwreck A.D. were tight, delivering their brand of Boston hardcore fast, loud and with no apologies. I was stunned. Have Heart were the clear crowd favourite, and basically who everyone had come to see. Once again, I was stunned. I still have a silly grin on my face. The bands were amazing. I like smiling.


Facing the Gallows
Shipwreck A.D.
Have Heart

No comments: