Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lyric of the Day

In the last year I have had the biggest urge to travel. I don't really care where I go. I just want to see... EVERYTHING. I have hit 23 years old and have basically studied and got a full time job. No gap year, no London bar tending gig. So, now I am bored, and spend my weekends (read salary) on parties and booze. I know every young lad/lassie goes through this urge to spread their wings. But it has felt like for a long time that my wings have been clipped not just tucked away. I am of course saving, saving, saving for this awfully big adventure. When I have collected enough coins and notes, and my jar is full, I shall book that flight to Kimberley. Just kidding. So to sum up how I feel. I have selected a song that I sing-a-long to at the very top of my lungs. It is powerful, and gives you goosebumps at all the right moments. I am in love... with a song. Please excuse the lyrics, I had to listen to the song over and over, and some may be incorrect, but they seemed fitting...
"We just don't live we flow, to every corner of the earth,

fuck your fences, fuck your borders...


We'll make home in the minds of the ones that we love...

We travel where we please, no mark for the stationery...



Every skyline beats in my chest,

somewhere between love and sadness, 
Desire for something new, lead us to everywhere...



Just give us something new, favour the Wayfarer Youth...



(We don't just live) my heart is where the ceilings touch the stars..."

- Wayfarer Youth by Alexisonfire


No comments: