Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Messing Up The Meds

So I made the stupid mistake this weekend of taking my tablets without concentrating. I think it started last Thursday. I mixed up my morning batch with my night time batch. Very confusing. Needless to say. My medication is sorted, into morning and night, and then by weekday. How I messed this up, I don't know. My blonde roots were showing. When the empty Friday morning stared at me, I stared back at it, thoroughly confused. What the eff had happened. Who had taken my pills, and why? I put it down to bad sorting on my part. I shrugged my shoulders, simply did some rearranging and scoffed my solution down my throat. Pleased with myself. Completely unawares of the chemical storm brewing inside. The mood, she was growing. 


By Saturday afternoon I was so so down. Lying in bed was the only option, and even changing the channel on TV was an effort. I had dinner plans that night which I was quite looking forward to. A girls' night out with the Caroline's. We went to see Crazy, Stupid, Love. Oh, yeah, just what I was in the mood for. A movie to remind me about love and relationships. 


When I got home that night, bored, tired, emotional and alone. I did the worst thing possible, on par with drunk texting. Sad texting. In this state you too are fuelled by emotion, are illogical and reason has no place in your world. So I called Paul. He was out. I got mad at him. Not his fault, we are not together at the moment. My FOMO was acting up and I was feeling sorry for myself. My moods were unstable, I was in a bad state.


Then I cried.


I can't even recall what movie I was watching, it was probably a comedy, but I cried. 


Sunday... tablet sorting time! I was tired of feeling sad and sorry for myself, I had played that role, starred in that movie, sung that song and written that book all too many times before. I was finally stable. HAPPY, and then I fuck it up. 


No more tears I say. Johnson and Johnson know what they are talking about.



No comments: