Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sunday Vibes

It was a long weekend this past weekend, it was Easter. I love this time of year, look forward to it and then it flies by in a flash. I even had days that repeated themselves... Friday: sleep late, movie with me mom and then Cool Runnings Fourways to watch bands. Sunday: the same haha. Sunday night is what this blog post is about. Danceyou'reonfire, Isochronous and Captain Stu were playing. I hadn't seen Captain Stu (and the Llamas) in about 6 or 7 years. I love ska, it is the happiest music and it puts me in a happy place. So needless to say, I was more than amped to see them on Sunday. Danceyou'reonfire opened with a solid set. They are professional, tight and play very well crafted music. So it is always rad to see them. Isochronous played next, but I am really not a fan. All the hype and none of the delivery. Sorry guys. Maybe I am tone deaf who knows. Then (yayness) it was time for Captain Stu to take the stage. Barefooted, long haired, pierced and chilled Cape Townian boys played a cool set. It reminded me of how much I love ska. It was the perfect way to play out the last night out for the weekend. What an awesome weekend. Packed with activities, friends and fun times. Repeat please?!

DanceYou'reOnFire
Captain Stu

No comments: