Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rare Naked Choke

Last night I went to EFC Africa (Extreme Fighting Championship) with Dave and Colin. I live with an open mind and I feel that this was an experience that should not be missed out on. I had no idea what a big deal it all was. These fighters are in incredible shape and very professional. They live by and fight by a set of rules, and fight... in a cage. Yes, it was cage fighting. I loved it. It is MMA (Mixed Martial Arts), where guys take skills they have learned over their fighting careers like Judo and boxing, and combine them to destroy each other over 3 x 5 minute rounds. Many of the fights ended in 40 seconds. One guy was knocked out in 20. It was insane. These guys are well trained and tough. They are not your "average dumb boets who klap gym hard". These guys are slim but toned. Me likey! Santa... May I have one in my Christmas stocking? I will be a good girl, promise!

No comments: