Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ramfest Emmarentia Dam 2010

Ramfest was two weeks ago, I know, but I took pics on my Agfa film camera and only got them back today. So I delayed the post by a while. No biggy. Besides, who really cares. Pics are a mixture of film and digital...
Anyways. Ramfest was cool. The mini version of the weekend long festival held in Cape Town was brought to Emmarentia Dam for us Jozi kids. I got there just in time to catch the last few songs of aKing. As you may know by now. I am a HUGE fan. They are insane. Such a great band.
aKing

I was more than looking forward to seeing Die Heuwels Fantasties and when they got onto stage it was all that I had expected and more. Goosebumps, sing-alongs, and absolute joy. I was soo happy to have finally seen them.
Die Heuwels Fantasties

Lark... enough said. Okay maybe not. The singer Inge is probably one of the most enigmatic, energetic and eclectic women I have ever seen. She is wonderful. She commands the stage and the attention of her audience. I am sad they do not play anymore. They were one of the most fresh acts on the South African scene. It was a treat to see them...
Lark

The night ended with a performance by the Drum and Bass act Pendulum from Australia. Awesome fun. Big win.
Pendulum

No comments: