Thursday, May 28, 2009

Self-help Robots on The radio

Driving home last night on my route through Sandton, singing my heart out to Foo Fighters - Best of You. Come to a traffic light, and then I'm singing alone, no more Dave. I pause. I concentrate.
"If you choose to implement these empowering life lessons your life will begin to change", my radio says in a robot voice. I laugh. Stunned.
I'm the only one hearing this. My radio is talking to me in a robot voice, and dishing out self-help.
Now I'm a pretty rational (read skeptical) girl. It has to be my radio picking up on someones iPod transmission from their car. I look around at all the cars. Grinning. I must look like a crazy person.
The traffic light goes green. I drive off. Dave returns.
"Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?", I sing.


No comments: